Pregnancy is a beautiful and exciting time in a woman's life, but it can also be challenging, especially regarding physical comfort and mobility. As the baby grows and the body changes, women may experience various aches and pains in the back, neck, hips, and pelvis.
Physical discomfort can quickly lead to emotional and mental stress and anxiety, further contributing to your challenges.
Fortunately, chiropractic care can effectively solve many of these pregnancy-related discomforts.
This post talks about:
- At-home remedies to improve comfort while pregnant
- Chiropractic for pregnancy and delivery
- Benefits of chiropractic while pregnant
- And more
Discomfort during your pregnancy shouldn’t be taking away from your enthusiasm; read this post and learn how to effectively, safely, and naturally manage pain and stress.
How to Find Quick, Safe Comfort While Pregnant
We know pregnancy takes a lot out of you; it makes you tired and unable to focus, makes moving and sleeping difficult, and can be very stressful. Chiropractic care can be a significant help, but sometimes, you can’t get to the clinic and want relief now.
Here are some effective, organic methods that will help you find comfort while pregnant:
- Rest in a dark, quiet room. Even if you don’t sleep, just lie down and take a break. And if you nap, that’s great too.
- Get off your feet. You’re carrying weight your body isn’t used to supporting, so when you start to feel the strain, take a seat and relax.
- Stretch and move. Try some yoga and stretching of the spine and hips; this will help with circulation and soft tissue strength.
- Massage the sore area. Whether it’s your hips, neck, or low back, give yourself a gentle massage either by hand or with a home massaging device.
- Take a bath. Soaking in a warm tub of water will soothe the muscles and mind.
- Don’t stress. Do what you can to give yourself a mental break. If work or social calendars are stressing you out, take it down a notch. Ask family and friends for help when you can. Don’t over-commit.
You’re growing a human in your body; that’s a lot of work, so for your health and the health of your child, make sure to consider your needs and take action to ensure they’re met.
Chiropractic For a Healthy Pregnancy and Delivery
Chiropractors are skilled at finding imbalances in the soft tissues and joints and providing non-invasive methods to heal injuries, find symmetry and alignment, and restore movement patterns.
With the new demands put on specific areas of the musculoskeletal system, tissues and joints can become impaired. Because chiropractic techniques are gentle, they have been trusted to support pregnant women for centuries.
Symptoms and conditions chiropractic can help while pregnant include:
Not only does chiropractic care help with comfort, but it can also help ensure the pelvis is aligned correctly and the surrounding soft tissues are fully functioning to optimize delivery.
Common chiropractic solutions to help pregnant women find balance:
- Chiropractic adjustments to realign the spine or affected areas that are causing restriction
- Cox Flexion Distraction reduces lower back pain, utilizing adjusting and stretching in the same swift motion
- Ultrasound therapy uses sound vibration to push deep into tissues to rid the body of imbalances and improve circulation
- And more
In most cases, a comprehensive wellness plan will be designed using more than one modality in combination with take-home guidance and exercise to enhance comfort.
Benefits of chiropractic care for pregnancy and delivery include:
- Heightened comfort and mobility
- Postural improvement
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Improved sleep quality
- Improved relaxation
- Improved overall physical and mental health
- Enhanced flexibility
- And more
Pregnancy provides so many unique experiences, don’t let your discomfort overshadow this special time.
Visit Our Aurora Chiropractic Clinic for a Healthy Pregnancy
Our care team is ready to help ensure you have the safety and happiest pregnancy possible. We’ll promote a well-functioning nervous system so it can provide you with the mobility and comfort you need.
We’ll also give you the resources to focus on your health with lifestyle guidance and education on how to best support you and your baby.
Contact our Aurora chiropractic team today, and let’s make your pregnancy a fantastic experience.